Relationship Wellbeing is the ability to relate and connect with other people in our world. Our ability to establish and maintain positive relationship with family, friends, children, co-workers, groups, etc. It involves being socially connected, using good communication skills, and having healthy, supportive, meaningful relationships while respecting yourself and others.
If you are a person engaged in the process of building positive relationships, you see the value in living in harmony with your fellow human beings, seeking positive, interdependent relationships with others, and developing meaningful, lasting connections.
Are you engaged in the process of building positive relationships?
Evaluate your own social wellbeing with this brief assessment.
- I plan time to be with my family and friends?
- I enjoy the time I spend with others?
- My relationships with others are healthy, supportive and meaningful?
- I listen with empathy and communicate effectively.
- I am able to ask for forgiveness when I have wronged others and forgive others when I have been wronged.
If you answered “No” to any of the statements, it may indicate an area where you need to improve the state of balance in social wellbeing.
Here are some resources you may consider:
Other relational wellbeing assessments you may consider through the EAP, LifeMatters website (company password: LSSD1, select home>assessments):