Purpose Driven Wellbeing is the ability to develop congruence between values, actions and beliefs that provide purpose in our lives. It is the inner driven desire as human beings to search for meaning and direction, while establishing peace and harmony to balance our inner needs.
It is important for everyone to explore what they believe is their own sense of meaning and purpose.
The path to purpose driven wellbeing may involve spending time in nature, meditation, prayer, affirmations, or specific spiritual practices that support your connection to a higher power or belief system.
Having compassion, the capacity for love and forgiveness, altruism, joy, and fulfillment help you enjoy your purpose driven health. Your faith, values, beliefs, principles, and morals define your higher purpose.
If you are a person engaged in the process of purpose driven wellbeing, you are willing and able to transcend yourself in order to question the meaning and purpose in your life and the lives of others. In addition, you seek to find harmony between that which lies within and the social and physical duress that come from outside.
Are you engaged in the process of purpose driven wellbeing?
Evaluate your own purpose driven wellbeing with this brief assessment.
- I practice meditation, pray or engage in some type of personal growth practice
- I have a general sense of peace
- I have faith in a higher power
- I have a sense of meaning and purpose in my life
- I trust others and am able to forgive others and myself and let go
- Principles/ethics/morals provide guides for my life
If you answered “No” to any of the statements, it may indicate an area where you need to improve the state of your spiritual health.
Here are some things you may consider:
- Growing in the areas of Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Forgiveness and Self-Control
- Connect with nature
- Join a community or church group
- Volunteer to help others