Financial Wellbeing is having an understanding of your financial situation and taking care of it in such a way that you are prepared for financial changes in the future. Maintaining that balance consists of being comfortable with where your money comes from and where it is going. It is having financial security and financial freedom of choice, in the present and in the future. It is about owning your future, living tomorrow the way you choose and enjoying life the way you want due to financial security.
Because financial stress is repeatedly found to be a common source of stress, anxiety and fear in most individuals, we want to provide the tools necessary to help you seek a financially fit present and future!
Are you engaged in the process of Financial Wellbeing?
- I have a solid balance between saving for the future and spending for the present.
- My beliefs/values surrounding money harmonious with your behavior.
- I use money positively, e.g., little or no gambling or excessive massing of goods.
- I have financial plans for the future.
- My financial plan addresses areas such as retirement, investing, estate planning, education planning, risk management, cash flow and budgeting.
If you answered “No” to any of the statements, it may indicate an area where you need to improve the state of balance with your financial wellbeing.
Here are some resources you may consider:
- Valic/AIG Website
- Valic/AIG: “Your Life in Retirement” webinar
- Valic/AIG: “Cash Management” webinar
- Valic/AIG Onsite Seminars
- Valic/AIG Financial Advisor
- Eap, LifeMatters website (company password: LSSD1, select Financial)
Here are some tools you may consider through the EAP, LifeMatters website (company password: LSSD1, select financial>calculators):
- Auto calculators
- Business Calculators
- Credit Cards and Debt Management Calculators
- Insurance Calculators
- Investment Calculators
- Loan Calculators
- Mortgage calculators
- Personal Finance Calculators
- Retirement Savings and Planning Calculators
- Savings Calculators